August 8, 2011

Interview with Daniel D

What's up everybody! It's your favorite blog tSwagg bringing another fresh interview. This time give it up for Daniel D!! Yeah, the amazingly talented guy you've watched on Youtube playing Hip-Hop songs on the violin.

      
      KISS ME THROUGH THE PHONE VIOLIN COVER (1,3 MILLION VIEWS SO FAR)

First of all, thank you Daniel for taking time out of your schedule to be interviewed by us, let's start with the first question. Where were you born and how old are you?  
Charleston SC.  I am 22 y/o

Do you remember when your first contact with music was?  
My first contact with music was at 12 y/o I went to Charleston County School of the Arts (SOA) for Visual Arts.  I had to take an exploratory class.  I chose the violin

How did you start learning to play the violin?  
As an exploratory as SOA I begin to learn about the violin

Do you play any other instruments?  
Use to play guitar.  I play enough piano to produce my own music

What are your favorite artists?  
My favorite artists are Miri Ben Ari 

At the beginning of your career, you opened for Jamie Foxx and Kanye West, can you tell us what that experience was like and how you felt? 
 I was one of the opening violinist on BET 106 & Park to open the show for Jamie Foxx and Kanye West.  I felt honored to have been asked.

                                       DANIEL D PLAYING IN SIMON JAZZ FEST (2010)

You also performed for Barack Obama, could you tell us how that happened and how that felt for you?  
His campaign reached out to me to be one of the opening artist for his speech and I performed at the Youth Inaugural Ball.  Again, I appreciated the opportunity

Is there any person that you haven't worked with yet but you love to? Who?  
YES. Other talented and inspiring artists.

Have you received feedback from the artists you have performed with? What do they generally say? 
Yes. They are blown away and they haven't seen anything like this before.

What is your favorite song?  
Don't have one

What was the last album you bought? 
Chris Brown  - FAME

Do you have advice for any new artists that are striving to get the position that your in now? 
There are ups and downs in this business 

Do you know anything about Brazilian music? (tSwagg is a brazilian blog written in english/portuguese) 
A little, I am learning

What are your future plans?  
Get my music overseas and gain a higher internet presence

OK, thank you so much for speaking with tSwagg today Daniel, could you finish by sending a special message to your fans?
I appreciate the continued support of my fans.  I look forward to bringing real music to my listeners.
Leave a message on my website:  http://www.danieldmusic.com

No comments: